Monday, February 11, 2013

Jaqx Food Crave- Mango Ginger Chutney and Agave Baked Tofu

I have another great food post to share with all of you!

I combined my Trader Joe’s Mango Ginger Chutney, and a little Agave Nectar in a marinade for my sliced extra firm tofu. I let the tofu sit in the marinade for about an hour although if I was more patient, I would have let it sit overnight before baking. Add some fresh ground pepper and then cranked up my oven to 450 degrees and baked it for approx 20 minutes on one side and 8 minutes on the other side (oven temps and cooking time may differ). I like my tofu a little crunchy and very well cooked, I hate mushy tofu! You could also grill or cook the tofu in a saute pan or panini press as well. The end result was delicious! I enjoyed it with one cup of Black Bean Soup ( a sprinkle of low fat cheddar cheese) and ended up getting over 25 grams of protein for lunch. Yummmm. I am also going to try to make a cranberry-orange chutney glazed tofu, and a apricot marmalade tofu blog post later in the week.
















No comments:

Post a Comment