Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jaqx Beauty- Homemade Facial Cleanser (Cucumber, Coconut Milk and Honey)

As most of you know who have followed my other blogs, I hate wasting things that can be reused into something else. I also try and find ways to use one item in a variety of different ways. If I purchase jam/jelly, spaghetti sauce or any other fridge item that comes in a glass bottle, I almost always save the bottle to repurpose it somehow. I love organic beauty lines but hate paying premium for things I could make myself for a fraction of the price. I love making my own facial cleansers and masks. One of my favorite homemade cleanser recipes uses items that many of you health nuts will already have in your kitchen. Gather the following items:

1. 1 cup Coconut Milk (you can use regular milk as well)
2. 1 cup Cucumber Juice or 2-4 whole Cucumbers (whole cucumbers will need to be peeled and quartered when placing in your food processor. After pulsing for 10 seconds, Strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer until you get enough juice for the recipe)
3. 1 tablespoon Organic Honey

This is a great alternative for people with sensitive skin. Its soothing and gentle. It cleans deep down inside the pores while nourishing the skin. Take a wire whisk and combine the ingredients together until you get a smooth milky liquid. Pour enough product into a glass bottle or jar and place in refrigerator with a cute label until you are ready to use it for cleansing your skin and face. What you put in the fridge will stay good for 1 week, place the leftovers in an I've cube tray and freeze. Then just dethaw a few cubes each week. It will stay fresh in the freezer for about 8-12 months. This recipe will probably yield you about 6 weeks worth of product though. Rinse your face with warm water to open up the pores, pour some of the cleanser onto a wash cloth, and wash your face. Then rinse, your face will be extra clean and glowing.

The cucumber juice helps purify the skin while the coconut milk soothes and hydrates the skin. The honey works as a natural astringent and contains natural antibacterial properties which makes it excellent for killing the bacteria that causes acne or blemishes. You can find these ingredients at your local health food store or herbal store.


No comments:

Post a Comment