Saturday, February 2, 2013

Jaqx Beauty- What's in my makeup bag?

I recently overhauled my makeup bag, trashed a bunch of products i was using and invested in some high quality products that will last me a long time and never fail me ;)

I look at a lot of other beauty blogs, beauty magazines, and makeup reviews on sephora before purchasing anything, so I rarely purchase a product I'm unhappy with or want to return. Here are my current favorites for when I want a fresh faced natural look.

- Laura Mercier silk creme foundation in beige/ivory (as I'm not tan right now) for $43.00, you only need a dime size of product to cover your whole face. It has a beautiful flawless coverage without looking heavy or too matte. I don't even need any concealer when using this product, it does a wonderful job evening out uneven skin tone. It's pricey but will last you a very long time. It's also oil and fragrance free!

-Illamasqua powder blush in 'Hussy' shade for $26.00. The pigment is incredibly rich, this compact will literally last you a solid year even if you use it every day. Gorgeous shade for a light to medium complexion. I use this everyday!

-Benefit Brow Zings Kit or Avon Eyebrow Pencil are my two go-to eyebrow fillers. The Benefit brow zings kit is sold for $30.00 at Sephora, and the Avon brow pencil is less than $5.00! The difference is mainly that one is a pencil and one is a powder/gel you put on with a brush. I actually think I prefer the Avon pencil the best. It takes me two seconds to fill and shape my brows, and it lasts all day. The advantage of the kit for me is that comes with a compact mirror and tiny tweezers which is great to have in your makeup bag ;) I would opt for the Benefit kit for daytime wear as its a more natural looking filler.

-I recently bought Laura Merciers tinted lip balm in Shy Pink ($19.00). I absolutely love the little pot of color and use it almost every day. Sometimes I will apply it over my Nars lip pencil described below. You will definitely need a moisturizer lip as it tends to be a bit drying.

-Burts bees Chapstick and Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil in 'Bettina' shade ($25.00) for my lips. I use this color almost every day. It's a gorgeous neutral and on the rare occasion when I want a more dramatic look, I have one red lipstick that I opt for also by Nars.

-the ONE and only mascara I use is Loreal waterproof voluminous mascara in black. I've used this mascara for more than 10 years! One of my very first photo shoots, the makeup artist told me that this was the best drugstore find she had ever discovered, and boy was she right. Every photo shoot I have ever had, the makeup artists always used this product. It's buildable, doesn't flake,doesn't smear and is inexpensive. I've tried a million others, but always come back to this.


Here are some product shots for you guys. As I've gotten older, I have grown to realize that it really does payoff to invest in quality products that are richly pigmented, made well and will last you a long time.










No comments:

Post a Comment