Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Jaqx Beauty- DIY Full Highlights

Ever since finding out that I was pregnant, I've been growing my hair out darker and not dying my hair at all. I've had 2 highlights professionally done at a high end salon in the past 10 months and I haven't been happy with any of the outcomes, the color was always too brassy. There's nothing worse than paying premium dollar for a quality service and leaving unhappy with the final outcome. I really wanted my highlights to lighten up my hair and got up a little courage to attempt doing it myself at home for a fraction of the cost....literally 10% of what Id pay going to a high end salon. I purchased the Loreal highlight kit for a little less than $14.00 at my local drugstore. The directions were really easy to follow and it took less than an hour to do (with application and process time). Ideally, you'd actually have someone else pull your hair through the cap, but I managed to do it by myself and just pulled the front section of my hair through the cap. I wanted a heavy highlight so I pulled hair through all of the holes in the front of the cap (you can choose whatever pattern you want depending on how heavy or how light you want your highlights). Applied the color, let it process, and jumped in the shower (with the cap still on! This is important, don't try and pull that cap off before you get your hair wet, you will rip your hair out!). I rinsed the color out and the cap just slid right off in the shower. The package comes with a shampoo to use, then I used my own deep conditioner. There is a leave in toner you comb through your toweled dry hair and then voila...style as you want. Here are some before and after pics. I really love the blonde, it's not brassy at all and frames my face well. I'm so happy that this product not only worked but that it was easy to apply and saved me so much money! If you're considering highlights, I definitely recommend this one from Loreal.



No comments:

Post a Comment