Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jaqx Fashion Diary- Maternity Fashion (Marshall's Finds)

My husband and I have a cocktail dinner party to go to this Friday night...and Im 36 weeks pregnant! For once in my life when I actually say that I have nothing to wear...it's true ;)

So out I went hunting for a fashionable dress, something that did not make me look like a marshmallow or a pumpkin. I really hate investing money in maternity clothes because I know I won't get a ton of future use out of those pieces. I've been very lucky and have only had to buy a handful of maternity items; I've found ways to make a lot of my regular clothes work. It probably has something to do with the fact that I have a lot of bohemian style clothes tucked away in my closet. I stopped at Marshall's to see what I could find. Within minutes I found a black cocktail dress (not maternity wear) that was very 'Versace-ish' looking. I just chose a dress that was a few sizes up from what I would normally wear if I wasn't pregnant and that seemed to work! The dress was by London Times and priced at $29.99! SCORE and sold! I'll pair it with nice jewelry and heels and do a bold red lip and smokey eye for a nighttime look.

I snagged a few other items for our daughter while I was there. Some of the items won't fit her for a while, but who can say no to an adorable party dress?! I mean...when else in your life can you get away with wearing hot pink tule and still look adorable? ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment